On 2013-11-22 15:49, Brad King wrote:
On 11/22/2013 03:24 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
In particular, I am wondering if it is possible, and if so, what
recommendations there are if any, to document functions 'doxygen style',
i.e. the documentation immediately preceding the function definitions,
rather than all at the top.

See the cmake-developer.7 manual "Module Documentation" section.

Thanks. Are there any guidelines on documenting the parameters of CMake functions/macros? I didn't see that in the mentioned document.

So far I'm doing this:

.. command:: sbk_cat

Concatenate strings in a list into a single string::
  sbk_cat(out "," a b c d e)

Parameters

* ``VAR``: Output variable into which the result will be placed.
* ``SEP``: String used to join adjacent tokens.
* ``<ARGN>``: Tokens to be joined.

Related; is there a way to turn a CMake module file (that is outside of CMake's module directory) into (e.g. HTML) documentation?

--
Matthew