On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:14:23 -0700, Steve Wilson said:

>On Mavericks (OS X 10.9) there are two STL implementations: libstdc++
>and libc++.

That was also the case in 10.7 and 10.8.  In 10.9 the default changed from
libstdc++ to libc++ though.

>I’m adding support for Objective-C++ and on Mavericks it
>matters which C++ library is used for linking.

Same in 10.7 and 10.8, and any OS really, since C++ ABIs are not super stable.

>Is there a standard
>mechanism already in place for handling the difference in CMake.   I
>checked for the -stdlib command line flag in the sources, but didn’t
>find it anywhere.    Or put it another way, do we require users to
>decide themselves with STL implementation  to use?

To me, it's something the user (of CMake) chooses, very much like choosing to
build as C89 or C99 or C++03 or C++11.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com