On 06/03/14 17:25, Brad King wrote:
>> Am I supposed to add documentation for the variable
>> PKG_CONFIG_USE_CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, that is checked by this patch?
>
> It looks like you've updated the docs further to use the "variable"
> directive.  Good.  Do you mind flipping the order of the patches
> to revise the documentation formatting first and then make the
> functional change?  That will make it easier to see the actual
> change.

Done.

> The find_library and find_package commands implement
> FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS by searching lib64 and then lib.
> This should honor FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS too.  Look at
> the find_package implementation:
>

> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmFindPackageCommand.cxx;hb=v3.0.0-rc1#l2077
>
> for how it does lib/<arch>, then lib64, then lib.

For now I reverted the order, but I'm still using the same checks and
logic from GNUInstallDirs. Should I change it and use
FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS instead?

It is now something like this:

  if (debian) add lib/<arch>
  elseif (64 bit or unknown) add lib64
  add lib

(The reason for the "unknown" is that if project(foo NONE) is used,
CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P is not defined, and therefore we cannot use it to
know if we are on a 64 bit platform.)

The logic is slightly different from find_package that just does

  if (defined <arch>) add lib/<arch>
  if (UseLib64Paths) add lib64
  add lib

Should I change the logic as well to follow find_package?

Cheers,
 Daniele