On 09/09/2014 10:19 AM, Bach, Pascal wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense to use the same variables in the VS10+ Generator too?
> It seems redundant to have the same information again. What's the reason it
> is hardcoded?

That's just the way it was written.  The rule variables like
CMAKE_${lang}_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY contain command lines in
which the Makefile and Ninja generators substitute for some
placeholders.  The VS generators do not have a command line
because they just put the declarative information into the
project file and let VS build the command line.

If you want to refactor things to create more independent
flag-holding variables that are used to construct
CMAKE_${lang}_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY and also read by the
VS generators and sent through the flag map, that's fine
with me.  Please also update the VS 7-9 generators to use
the same information variables if possible.