Richard Shaw wrote:
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Jiri Malak <malak.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

I did a several fixes to CMake related to Open Watcom which were accepteed
to current development
branch a few month ago.
Up to now they were not included to official version 3.0 branch.
What I must do to be include or I doing something wrong?

I'd like to hear others opinions, but what I've done is once one of my
patches is accepted, as long as it applies cleanly to the current release (and since all I mess with are modules that's usually the case) then I just
email the Fedora package maintainer and he applies it within Fedora.

You didn't mention if you were on Linux or Windows but if you're running a
Linux distro you could probably do the same.

While I'm not too happy with the current situation either I don't think this is a good idea as it creates a hard to verify "zoo" of CMake versions with the same version number, but different behavior. This approach is is good for distro-specific patches, something like "we ship a new Python that the upstream FindPython*.cmake does not find by default" or "we put our headers in a strange location", but I think that doing this for other stuff has the danger of making the Fedora packages some sort of shadow-upstream.

Eike