On 09/19/2014 03:19 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
I'd like to hear others opinions, but what I've done is once one of my
patches is accepted, as long as it applies cleanly to the current release
(and since all I mess with are modules that's usually the case) then I just
email the Fedora package maintainer and he applies it within Fedora.

You didn't mention if you were on Linux or Windows but if you're running a
Linux distro you could probably do the same.

I personally rather dislike that distributions introduce behavior changes since it might result in your project not only depending on a specific version of CMake but also a specific variant as introduced by the distribution you are working on.

It also results in people submitting issues with vanilla CMake which might be specific to distribution patches (e.g. [1]).

Nils

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10692