> I think that would be the best approach.  If you work on it, please ensure
> the implementation supports all Windows toolchains on all generators, or at
> least those combinations that already support WIN32_EXECUTABLE.

I had a look trough the code. I found that the VS6 generator also sets the
entry point for Windows CE
(https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/a11dda1c4883eddf763ba1eb2979b45220886b01/Source/cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx#L1313)

But here it is set to wmain as default if Unicode is active.
So for consistency reason I think the VS10 generator should do the same.
This is also consistent with the case for Windows NT where the entry point is
not set by CMake and wmain is automatically selected  by VS if UNICODE is
enabled

This should be in addition to a WIN32_ENTRYPOINT property that the user can set
to override the default.

Pascal