On 09/23/2015 01:29 AM, Gilles Khouzam wrote:
> Now, for the default behavior, if
> CMAKE_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION is set through a toolchain
> file or the project, then that will be the default which will
> initialize the WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION for each target
> through the SetPropertyDefault initialization call. On the other
> hand, if CMAKE_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION is not set,
> nothing should happen since this is not a required property other
> than for Windows 10 Universal (store) apps, the default behavior
> in that case should be to not have the property.

Okay.

> There is one open issue though. How should we have the value for
> CMAKE_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION be the latest installed SDK
> when this is not a Windows Store project? For Windows Store
> projects this would get set if the property is not defined
> through the InitializeSystem procedure. How would we handle this
> for the non Windows Store case? Do this based on the version and
> no CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME defined? Or should we force there to be a
> CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME to be defined as Windows for example?

CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME is already always defined to a value detected from
the host system when not defined by a toolchain file or by the user
in the cache.  On a Windows host the value will be "Windows".

I don't fully understand the case in question.  When not building
for Windows Store, does WindowsTargetPlatformVersion need a value
if the user does not request one?  What happens if it does not get
a value?  Is it needed for Windows 10 Desktop?