Hi,

thanks for feedback, I'll rework the patch. I was planning to actually
submit three patches covering the following:

* Version checking
* Interface variables rename, keeping backwards compatibility.
* Fix a bug when setting Protobuf_LIBRARIES on Un*x systems.

So what's the best way to submit them:

* A separate format-patch for each.
* An all together patch.
* Fork github's repo, create a branch and send a link here.

Thanks,
Antonio