On 05/22/2016 01:50 AM, James Burgess wrote:
> $ cmake -D CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.8 .
>   CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is '10.8' but the matching SDK does not exist
>   at:
>

> "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk"
>
>   Instead using SDK:
>

> "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk".

For reference, this warning was added here:

 OS X: Do not default to non-existent deployment target SDK
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=335a1278

Prior to that change this case would not work at all by default.
I may have misunderstood the requirements at the time.

> 10.10sdk can target 10.8

Gregor, Clinton, should we just drop this warning?  It is just
diagnosing that the SDK and deployment versions do not match
exactly, but would it ever matter?