On 2017-10-25 07:03-0400 Brad King wrote:

On 10/24/2017 05:47 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
Since I essentially never get CMake build errors when building
CMake by hand using the bootstrap method, I assume these build
errors are due to some issue with how I set up my_dashboard.cmake.

The difference is that the script is testing the nightly stage of
in-flight topics that have not yet landed in `master`.  You just
happened to run this for the first time on one of the occasional
nights that compiler errors were introduced.

Hi Brad:

Yes, I sure picked the exact moment of the day where my dashboard was
the first to show the build error for g++ versions of 4.9 or less,
but, of course, a number of other old compiler sites followed at the
times when they completed their nightly tests.

I notice in
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/1402> there is
an unstage comment from you.  Just out of curiosity, does that mean
that commit was effectively immediately removed from
stage/master/head?

In any case, my dashboard submission is working now using

ctest -S ~/cmake/Dashboards/Scripts/CMakeScripts/my_dashboard.cmake -VV

See the raven-without-fixed-IP Experimental results at
<https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake> and <https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=KWSys>. These results are
perfect other than one CMake configure warning due to a minor system
issue (misspelled COPYONLY as COPY_ONLY) with Debian Jessie Qt5 which
I encounter for all my builds of cmake by hand and which has long
since been fixed for more modern versions of Qt5.

So what is the next step toward the goal of adding a test consisting
of a build of PLplot?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science