________________________________
From: cmake-developers <cmake-developers-boun...@cmake.org> on behalf of Brad
King <brad.k...@kitware.com>
Sent: November 17, 2017 6:13 AM
To: cmake-developers@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [cmake-developers] CMAKE Generator for Embacardero RAD Studio IDE

On 11/16/2017 12:56 PM, llvm 999 wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any plan to add support for it.

Not of which I'm aware.

> Or perhaps, there is some technical issue related to this particular
> IDE that makes it impossible to support such IDE.

I'm not familiar with that IDE, but in order to be directly supported
by a generator its native build system would need to support everything
in CMake's code model (static/shared/exe binaries, custom commands, etc.).

is this requirement published somewhere? I would like to get a better
understanding on this ...
also, where can I find the detailed description of the internal data structures
used by the various components of the cmake program?

An alternative is to create an "extra" generator that produces project
files that sit next to Ninja or Makefile generator outputs.  The latter
is the real build system.  The extra project files are for the IDE.

there is currently support for a Borland generator. I think this is the
makefile generator ...
if so, then we just need to add the "extra" stuff for the IDE ???

We'd also require that someone run nightly testing for the generator
on a long-term basis in order to keep it supported.

> Also, is there any good CMAKE documentation for developers who are beginners
> and wish to take a stab at adding functionalities to CMAKE?

There is workflow guidance in `CONTRIBUTING.rst` and `Help/dev/*.rst`.
As for the code itself, it is poorly documented for developers.