My app will depend on the presence of a config file at runtime.
It looks for this config file in the current directory where the app started from.
I am using VC++ 7 and the Visual Studio IDE.
My config file checks out of svn into the same directory as my C++ source.

My goal is to copy the config file into the \debug and \release directories
when I build (so the app will find it), and if I edit the config file,
I want a Build operation to realize that I have done so, and copy the edited
config file into \debug or  \release.

Can someone suggest a good way to arrange this via CMake and the VS IDE?
Also, if the solution works with CMake over in the Cygwin environment as well,
that would be ideal.

(Sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm still learning ...)