wedekind wrote:
Hello Bill,

after a long code-walk I have "solved" my problem. The function
cmMakefileTargetGenerator::AppendTargetDepends() has added the libs to the
target's EXTERNAL_OBJECTS list. This has caused make to try to build that
external object, e.g. the Qt-lib, if it was not present.

BTW: Does it link the external objects to the target too? I am just curious
because the Qt-libs do not appear in link.txt...

My "fix" was to comment out the body of
cmMakefileTargetGenerator::AppendTargetDepends(), which works fine for me.
Maybe there is a more general solution, because there surely is some reason
behind that function ;)

Should I post a bug report to CMake's bug tracker?
OK, good find. It looks like both the debug and optimized libs are being used in the depend. They are not being used on the link line which is good... Just curious, it should not have been able to find a library that does not exist on your machine, so you must have set the path to the missing qt lib by hand. So, on the bright side, if you just leave that out, your problem should be fixed.

-Bill