Bill Hoffman wrote:

CMake does not directly support [static libraries as part of a static library]. However, you can put a full path to a .o file as a source for a library and cmake will do the right thing for with it. The catch is I have never done this, and it will be difficult to figure out the paths to the .o files, and make sure they are built before they are used in the archive. It may or may not be possible to do what you want, and I am sure it will be ugly....

Well I figured out the paths to the .OBJ files. Note they're coming out as .OBJ files on Windows, both for MinGW and for MSVC. When I dump my .OBJ file absolute pathnames into ADD_LIBRARY, CMakeSetup complains that "the source file doesn't exist," because of course they haven't been built yet. I tried SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(${theobjs}PROPERTIES GENERATED true), but it doesn't suppress the error. I don't think that function thinks they're source files. Says it tried just about every extension, except the .obj and .o extensions I might actually be interested in.

So what now?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every