An experienced friend of mine suggested getting CMake going on this project I was starting at the time. Naturally, I had never heard of it and he spend most of his time setting up the system. He left he group recently and I'm a bit lost at how to do even simple things. A little bit of help would be great. Here goes:

Right now, it's all set up so that individual files are in source directories and then CMake builds the project in a separate build folder. We use SVN and all have the build folder ignored so that we have our own copy locally and just share the source files. However, we're making an application that uses outside files in its directory and we need a way to put those files in with the exe and have SVN update them. All I'm asking for is a way to tell the compiler (VS8) to build the exe in a certain folder as opposed to the build folder where the project files are located. It really doesn't seem like it'd be that hard, but I really don't understand CMake all that well right now.

Thanks, pingu.