Hi,

> Now, I've got it to build the exe in the "bin" folder, but Visual Studio
> is being annoying by building it in "bin/debug". I've already tried
> "set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release)" but that doesn't remove the debug
> folder. Thanks.

Someone here on the mailing list mentioned a workaround for this problem
recently. I adapted his solution to my own project:

SET(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/bin)

And later while building the executable file:

IF(MSVC)
        SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(shortDemo PROPERTIES PREFIX "../")
        SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(shortDemo PROPERTIES DEBUG_POSTFIX "_debug")
ENDIF(MSVC)

This solution steps back one folder (for MSVC) and stores the executable
directly in the output path.

-Mick