blinkeye wrote:
On 09/20/2007 09:00 PM,  Bill Hoffman wrote:
BlinkEye wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't work neither.

I wonder if I'm the only one who ran into what appears to be a very basic issue.
Basically, you are using cmake incorrectly. You should not be using environment variables in a cmake project directly. You should only use them for place for FIND_* to look for things. You should not depend on having the environment set before running cmake. You are asking for trouble with
builds.   For example:

1/ setenv .... ; cmake ;   make
2  cvs update
3 start a new shell and forget the setenv
4. make (this runs cmake because a file changed in the cvs update) , it creates new makefiles that
don't work.

CMake should be used to cache variables that store locations of include and library paths that
were discovered by cmake.

-Bill

Hmm, I see, good point.

The thing is that I started to use it like this since I have 64bit and 32bit systems and couldn't figure out how to distinct that for the CMakeLists.txt, because depending on the ARCH libs and includes are differently. But it's true, using the env is error prone.
___
That said, FILE(TO_CMAKE_PATH ...) should work just fine, please post an example that does not work.

-Bill