Hello list,

I am new to cmake and I have just read the FAQ

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Distribution_questions

I have also studied the CPack documentation, but I am still wondering the following:

> CMake doesn't create a "make dist" target.

Does this simply mean that there is no target with this name (but some other way to do it), or does it rather say that cmake is not meant to create packages (in the sense of autoconf/automake) that you can deliver to your customer who just has to unpack and type something like "./configure; make" to get the package built on his machine *WITHOUT* having cmake installed and *WITHOUT* knowing anything about cmake?

If not so: How can I make a package consisting of files a.h, a.cpp, b.h, b.cpp, main.cpp (which compile well on my machine with cmake) that can be unpacked and compiled on my customer's machine?

Concerning this topic, I find the documentation of CPack quite confusing.

Thank you,
Joachim