Would you happen to have a file named "test" in your binary area?  Make
will see the file and think that the target "test" is up to date.

A proper gnu makefile would mark the test target as phony.  Looking at
the gnu makefile generated by one of my projects, test is not marked as
phony.

Let me know if this is the issue.

Thanks,

Juan

KSpam wrote:
> I have a strange problem using CTest with Makefiles.  If I run "make test",
> ctest is never called.  If I change the name of the target in the Makefile
> from "test" to "test2" and run "make test2", then ctest is called properly.
>
> After changing the target name, "make test" is still recognized as a valid
> target.  In other words, I do not receive the following error:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.
>
> It seems like make has its own internal test target and it will not use the
> test target from the Makefile.  Does anyone know what is going on here or how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Juan Sanchez