Juan,

Thanks for the tip!  Although I did not have a file named "test", I did have a
directory named "test" (that contains all of my test projects naturally).
Marking the test target as phony in the Makefile resolved the issue.

It sounds like this should be fixed in the Makefile generator.  There are
several other targets that should be marked as phony as well.

Thanks,
Justin