In my experience, it is Xcode that is adding the Debug or Release additions to your path. I think there is something in the project settings where you can tell it where to put the built binaries. Of course that will be wiped out next time you change anything in the CMake files as cmake will regenerate the Xcode projects.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer