Quoting Brandon Van Every <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Talking about Ruby, could someone please paste his wishlist about
variable scoping for CMake? (ie what would you like to add: local
variables which die when you exit the loop, file-scoped variables,
directory-scoped variables, project-scoped variables, what?). It's
quite difficult to fix a problem we have not properly defined (at
least, I have never seen a proper wishlist about this).

I just want scope, i.e. I don't want global variable names crapping
all over each other.  I don't care about any fancy dancy Computer
Science ways of adding extra programmatic features.  Other people may
see heavy duty OO or tweaky FP constructs as beneficial for their
build system.  At present I don't.  But there's clearly a need for
more structure than CMake script has got.  As far as I'm concerned the
fancy dancy stuff is just an artifact of the embedded language that
you get "for free," whether it's Lua, Ruby, or Python.  None of that
has been enough to propel SCons into the limelight.

We already had the extended discussion about possible CMake scope
implementations, so I'm not understanding what you're asking.  I
assumed that Kitware is ready to act when they have time to do so.
Did you miss that discussion?  Did it leave you with a bunch of
unresolved questions?  If so, I'd suggest going back into the archive
and responding to specific things you're unclear about.

Do you mean these threads?
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2005-March/006235.html
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2005-June/006725.html

If that is so, yes, I guess I missed them (I was not using CMake back then :-). If you are talking about a different thread, could you please tell me which one?

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org