Andreas Pakulat wrote:
Ok, I'll inform kde-buildsystem as this will probably need some time to
be fixed...

Thanks.  Hopefully they can get it in a 4.0.1 patch release or something.

The linking implementation is going through an overhaul so there have been more changes since your original post. Please update to the latest CVS CMake and try again.

The latest cvs as of this morning didn't "fix" the problem either.

That's not surprising. I mostly wanted to make sure you got a version with the CMAKE_LINK_OLD_PATHS compatibility feature.

There is a compatibility feature to work around projects with this bug. It is enabled if you set CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 2.4 or lower. You can also explicitly enable the work-around by running this in your build tree:

  cmake -DCMAKE_LINK_OLD_PATHS:BOOL=ON .

That last one works well and also setting the COMPATIBILITY flag to 2.4
works fine.

Excellent.  Thanks for trying it so quickly.

-Brad