Hi Jorgen,

I wanted to do exactly that. Create a small executable that could
function as a wx-config.exe for wxWidgets on Windows where CMAKE could
benefit from the variables being set, and then kind of making the find
process more integrated with the wxWidgets distribution. I would
create it as rigorous as possible by scanning for the library files
needed, registry keys and what not just to reliably find the
installation.

There is some tool like that you have in mind already

http://wxconfig.googlepages.com/

it will not have cmake compatible output maybe, but maybe you could
start from there?

But it seems I will have to do some homework first. My need for this
script came from the fact I believed that the findwxWidgets.cmake was
outdated, but it is not. My apologies again.

I also think that the cmake module works quite fine, altough have have
to set many options/definitions at the cmake configuration stage if you
don't have standard build of wxwidgets - which is quite logically, since
how should it find out automatically how I set up wxWidgets.

Regards,
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal