Andreas Pakulat wrote:
On 12.04.08 08:52:38, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
On 2008-04-12 10:07+0200 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
That's fine, but then somebody else with access to windows should
volunteer to do that testing since MinGW is an extremely important platform.

Finally, from our PLplot experience, MinGW (fortunately we do have a couple
of developers with access to that platform) works fine if you make some
special adjustments for its needs.  So Andreas's above statement probably
needs to be reversed, i.e., boost and KDE need some time/effort to work on
MinGW.

I'll be the first one to try out MinGW which comes with gcc 4.x, but
until that is released MinGW has just too many problems to try to make
KDE work on it for me. There actually others that use MinGW and try to
adjust to all its quirks.

If you don't want to wait for the official MinGW release, you might be interested in http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/

Best regards,
  Stephan