Dick Munroe wrote:
Bill, Well, Xcode certainly supports Fortran well enough with the Intel 10.1 preview compiler to successfully build and install software using Xcode, so I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't support Fortran" unless it's dependency stuff. So if the Intel fortran compiler works (and I have an existence proof that it does), is it a simple matter of hacking the Xcode generator to "know" about the fortran language extensions and get the lastKnownSourceFile right? Presumably you would have to look at the source file properties as well to see if it is explicitly fortran. There are some debugging issues, but from what I've heard from Intel they plan to continue to work toward better Xcode integration, so... Best, Dick Munroe Michael Jackson wrote:

I mean gfortran:

http://maxao.free.fr/xcode-fortran-plugin/

Fortran is not native to Xcode. I guess intel Fortran must have some sort of extra stuff for Xcode. So, yes it is a matter of coding up the Xcode generator to create the right input for Xcode with Fortran (not a default option at the moment). Most likely different for Intel and gfortran.

-Bill