On 2008-10-17 12:34-0600 Eric (Brad) Lemings wrote:

Eric (Brad) Lemings wrote:
Alan W. Irwin wrote:

On 2008-10-16 18:08-0600 Eric (Brad) Lemings wrote:

Where can I find info/tutorials on adding support for new languages to
CMake?

The following is pretty minimal, but I think this is all there is at the
moment.

Look at Modules/CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt in the CMake source tree. Pick a
language you are familiar with and uses its support files in Modules and
Modules/Platform as a template for your own work. You may also want to
look
at the CMake source code to confirm how CMake interacts with those
various
language support files.  Ask for help on this mailing list when you run
into some difficulty.

Does CMake require that additional language support files (e.g.
CMakeDelphiCompiler.cmake.in,
CMakeDelphiInformation.cmake, CMakeDetermineDelphiCompiler.cmake,
CMakeTestDelphiCompiler.cmake) reside in ${CMAKE_ROOT} or can CMake
be instructed to locate them in ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}?  If so, how?

Umm, setting CMAKE_MODULE_PATH before your `package` command?  :)

No, unless I missed something in the past that doesn't seem to work.
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH is not accessible at language support time as far as I could
tell.

Instead, what you have to do is a temporary change in one of the language
support files defining CMAKE_MODULE_PATH so the support files will work in
the ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} region.  Look for FIXME in the PLplot Ada language
support file
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/branches/test_cmake/test_ada/cmake_working/Modules/CMakeTestAdaCompiler.cmake
for where you have to make the change, and where I would have to change it
again to get the Ada support files to work in another location such as
${CMAKE_ROOT}.

To make things clearer for those looking at that simple Ada CMake language
support test project, I have just renamed some directories to cmake_working
(which works both for cmake-2.4 and 2.6) and cmake_experimental (not done
yet) and double-checked that the simple "hello, world" Ada library and Ada
executable that calls that library function still runs using cmake_working
directory following the directions at
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/branches/test_cmake/test_ada/README.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin