Bram de Greve wrote:
Hi Bill, Alex,

I tried getting it building using custom commands, but that seems to mean of adding an obj file as "source file" (read: being listed in the project file) that gets customly build with an assembler. Apart from being ugly, it didn't seem to work either. But in retrospect, that might be because of the same missing def file I was struggling with for the nmake build.

As Bill says, what I really would like to see is visual studio compiling the asm file where the asm file itself is considered as the source file.

Bill, is this something that is planned to be worked on?
I don't have specific plans. The first place to start would be to create a project via the IDE and see what it looks like. It might be really easy to do. I am not sure.

-Bill