From some experimentation and some anecdotal evidence on the internet it would seem that environment variables need to be ALL CAPITALS or MSYS will NOT pick them up. Odd.

And in fact changing MXADataModel_INSTALL to MXADATAMODEL_INSTALL in the "My Computer" settings and in my .bash_profile allows the proper over ride when I am using msys.

Odd.

Thanks for the help
Mike

David Cole wrote:
What do "set" and "export" report from your MSYS prompt as the value
of MXADataModel_INSTALL?
Is there a leftover CMake cache value for MXADataModel_INSTALL from before
you set the env in your .bash_profile?

Perhaps something else does a SET(ENV{MXADataModel_INSTALL} "VS9 path") "for
you"...?

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Mike Jackson