Bill Spotz wrote:
So I was able to solve my problem of duplicate python target names generated from SWIG interface files:

  PyTrilinos/NOX/___init__.so
  PyTrilinos/NOX/Epetra/___init__.so

by overhauling UseSWIG.cmake to take advantage of the OUTPUT_NAME property of the SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES() function.

My problem now is that SWIG modules whose NAME and OUTPUT_NAME are different are always built, even if they don't need to be. Is there a way to get dependencies to work in this situation?

Can you provide a simple example that shows the problem?

-Bill