Hello,

I am the developer of PyTrilinos, the python interface to Trilinos and I have hit upon some unexpected behavior.

I am trying to wrap the interface to NOX, which utilizes nested namespaces. I shadow this structure in python by utilizing nested modules. For example, a subset of the NOX namespace structure is given by

  NOX
    Abstract
    StatusTest
    Solver
    Epetra
      Interface

My goal, which I had previously achieved under an autotools/distutils hybrid build system, is to generate the following directory structure:

  NOX/__init__.py
      Abstract.py
      StatusTest.py
      Solver.py
      Epetra/__init__.py
             Interface.py

To do this, I have the following swig interface files:

  NOX.__init__.i
  NOX.Abstract.i
  NOX.StatusTest.i
  NOX.Solver.i
  NOX.Epetra.__init__.i
  NOX.Epetra.Interface.i

The problem I am running into seems to be associated with the "." characters in the swig interface filenames. I get several invocations of the swig executable working on NOX.__init__.i that produce NOXPYTHON_wrap.cxx. Is there a way around this behavior?

Thanks

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfsp...@sandia.gov **