Brad King wrote:
Timothy M. Shead wrote:
Folks:

On a couple of occasions now I've recommended the use of relative paths with the OSX bundle installer - this to install files within the bundle in "nonstandard" locations. It would be good to hear from the CMake gurus on whether relative paths are supported or not. For example:

INSTALL(FILES foo DESTINATION ../MacOS)

... note that this only makes sense within the context of an OSX bundle.

The install() command

   http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:install

interprets relative DESTINATION paths with respect to the installation
prefix (CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX).  No other interpretation is supported.

The current behavior works fine, my question was whether relative paths outside the install prefix (i.e. paths starting with one or more "..") were officially sanctioned / officially discouraged. This comes-up occasionally with the bundle generator, anytime someone wants to write a file outside the Resources directory (which is where the bundle generator maps the install prefix).

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead