David Cole wrote:
The drag-n-drop generator puts a copy of the "make install" tree at the root of the disk image produced...

So if your "make install" tree has bundles in it, they're in there. Otherwise, not.

So if I have a shared file that needs to end-up in bundle foo, I'd have to use something along the lines of "foo.app/Content/Resources" as the DESTINATION. Makes sense.

I think the answer to your question : "will '..' always work in INSTALL rules?" is -- it depends. We will not knowingly break it intentionally... However, unless there is a test for it in the cmake test suite, it may get broken unintentionally.

Could you devise/contribute a new test (or an extension to an existing test) that would verify that the INSTALL behavior we have now remains that way?

I will definitely write / extend a test for this case.

On the other hand, I can think of some cases where you will have file/dir create/write access under the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX directly, but not in some of its subdirectories. In that case, it would not work even now...

Understood.  Thanks for clarifying these issues.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead