What does your cache entry say? When you did your testing, did you always delete the cache? Otherwise you get strange effects...

Please show us the output of something like this in your CMakeLists.txt:

message( STATUS "DEBUG: ABCD_LIBRARY = '${ABCD_LIBRARY}'" )

and the link command you can see when doing a "make VERBOSE=1".

Michael