Aaron,

Perhaps I have it wrong, but I think that the problem is that you are using
CMakeCache.txt that was created on a different machine.

CMakeCache.txt acts as a "configuration file" that overrides the registry,
environmental variables, and everything else that has a default value.
This allows the user to define the values that he wishes to have used.

As for automated nightly builds, the standard technique is to use "ctest -S" to
set up and run the dashboard. In that case, you usually have it delete the
previous build directory and you populate the initial cache with only those
values that you wish to "force" (for example, you might select a particular
compiler for one run and another for a different run). Variables that you want
to have their default value are simply omitted from the initial cache.  See the
notes files on almost any of the nightly submissions to the CMake dashboard for
examples.

Richard