Before when I was using an earlier version of CMake, it would configure the project to build a 32-bit version of all the project target's regardless of which version of Mac OS X I was using. It would also build just the platform specific version of the targets for a debug build.

Now that I have upgraded to CMake version 2.8.1, CMake wants to configure the project's targets to build for 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6.

The only way I've found so far to make Mac OS X 10.6 build 32-bit, is to modify the CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to include i386. However, if I set CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to only i386, then it will build create an Intel version of all targets when I build on a PowerPC system. That means I won't be able to run and test the targets on that platform.

I'm trying to get things back to where they were before I upgraded to CMake 2.8.1. I want it to configure Xcode to build 32-bit targets, with architecture specific version for debug builds.

How can someone accomplish this?