Hi

I want to generate a source file 'SourceFileInfo.cpp', then build a library and
then delete the generated file.

So I wrote:

<snip>

add_custom_command (
  OUTPUT SourceFileInfo.cpp
  COMMAND ../VersionInfo/_gnuRelease/versionInfo . KERNEL
  DEPENDS ${SRCS}
  COMMENT "Generating SourceFileInfo.cpp"
  VERBATIM)

list(APPEND SRCS SourceFileInfo.cpp)

add_library( Kernel STATIC ${SRCS} )

message("Removing file")
file( REMOVE SourceFileInfo.cpp )

But the message 'Removing file' appears as the first action when executing make
and the file remains after make has finished.

I guess that one can't interpret a CMakeLists.txt file sequentially, just like
you can't interpret a makefile sequentially.

What am I doing wrong?

Where can I find an explanation of CMake command ordering?

Best regards
David