Am 15.06.2011 13:58, schrieb Dominik Szczerba:
I am trying to copy all libboost* stuff from /usr/lib to
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX just as most users would guess:

Why do you want to copy the boost libraries from /usr/lib to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX? And why all of them??
I don't see any reason for this.
If you wants to use them, you could use
find_package(Boost .....)

INSTALL(DIRECTORY ${BOOST_RUNTIME_DIR}/ DESTINATION
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin FILES_MATCHING .......)

Whatever I specify for matching I always get half of my system copied
instead of the requested files. E.g.

PATTERN "libboost*.so" does absolutely nothing and REGEX
"libboost.*\.so.*$" complains about the slash, when removed does
nothing either. As a result all content is always copied.

Interestingly and confusingly, the same thing (only used PATTERN)
works for e.g. "*.h". What is special here?

Are there any examples how to use this functionality? Both the
documentation and the FAQ are not very comprehensive in this matter.

Thanks and regards,
Dominik