Am 15.06.2011 14:58, schrieb Dominik Szczerba:
okay, than you could use
find_package(Boost YOUR_VERSION EXACT)
Problem is boost has very complicated linking scenario. Using
FindBoost and linking to it hardcodes the versions, because they are
in the filenames! If I need to run on another system I must have
exactly the same boost version, but that is almost never the case.

INSTALL(DIRECTORY ${BOOST_RUNTIME_DIR}/ DESTINATION
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin FILES_MATCHING .......)

I tried

file(GLOB BOOSTLIBS /usr/lib/libboost*.so.*)
INSTALL(FILES ${BOOSTLIBS} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin)
The problem here is that FILE() only runs at configure time, while
INSTALL on building the install target. We can not accept that on
other reasons, we need to have the full installation in one go.

So I conclude it is not possible.

Many thanks for your response.

Dominik

On my system, FindBoost detects the *.so without the version numbers. So, I can update to a new (hopefully binary compatible) version without relinking. And we provide packages depending on boost by setting the package dependency using cpack.

Andreas