-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-boun...@cmake.org [mailto:cmake-boun...@cmake.org] On Behalf Of
Peter Collingbourne
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 2:55 PM
To: Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Cc: CMake ML
restat rules

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 11:04:42PM -0400, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:
> [...]

FWIW, the Ninja generator I have been working on is based on work by Nicolas
Despres, and has been successfully used to compile a number of large open
source projects, including CMake itself, LLVM/Clang, OpenCV and Bullet Physics.

I am planning to submit the Ninja generator as a patch to CMake upstream once
it has been put through more exhaustive testing and certain known issues have
been resolved (my post to ninja-build being one of them).

Anyone who is interested in trying the Ninja generator with their own projects
is welcome to clone my repository at:

https://github.com/pcc/CMake/tree/ninja-generator

and to report any issues encountered.  Note that the generator is currently
only known to work on Linux.  To select the Ninja generator you can pass the
option "-G Ninja" on the cmake command line.

Thanks,
--
Peter