I am trying to compare two large lists of file paths (about 14,000 lines
each) to identify which entries in each list are missing from the other, and
while I can get CMake to do it I must be doing it the wrong way because the
results are hideously slow.

I currently generate two files with the paths and then read them in as
lists, using LIST() commands to peform STREQUAL tests.  I was hoping to just
run a cmake -E command to get a diff output and parse my results in from
that, but as far as I can tell CMake's compare_files command doesn't provide
diff style output?  I can just call diff on platforms that have it, but
that's not reliable on Windows.  Does CMake have any ability to rapidly
provide the results of a diff between two text files or large lists of
strings?

Cheers, and thanks.

CY