On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:47, Eric Noulard <eric.noul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The fact is it works the way you want, which is good, but beside that
> why would it be better for the user to face a failing build (because
> he forgot to create the file)
> than
> face a failing CMake run (because he forgot to create the file)?

This is because for now, we are going to supply pre-made VS solution
files instead of geting developers running CMake on their Windows
machine. That is, we'll run CMake to generate VS 10 files and ship
that.

So we're using CMake just as a VS10 generator at release time.

Probably later on we'll decide if we just ship CMakeLists and get the
developers to run CMake generators themselves. If they do, then yes we
can generate this header on the fly like the configure/Makefile-based
system we use now on the Unix platforms.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

Regards,

--
Perry Ismangil