On 19.09.2012 09:48, Wouter van Kleunen wrote:

Peter,

I guess removing just the build directory also seems to work.

I agree with your objections of the location the user file, the source
directory should stay clean. An inattentive moment and you have the file
in your version control.

Anyway, it seems to build now using an older version of ninja. However
when I use the 1.0.0 version of ninja, I get the following error:

ninja: FATAL: unknown placeholder '%o' in $NINJA_STATUS

This is needed for printing the compile rate: have a look at
"Compile Output", there you can see the compiled files per second rate.

With the ninja downloaded from here:
https://github.com/martine/ninja/downloads

This is not a 1.0.0 build, it needs -V for printing the version, which is pre
1.0.
And even 1.0.0 has an ugly bug. Please select the ninja in the bin dir.
I've also uploaded a ninja binary on github.

Peter

Wouter

Yes, starting from scratch helps in most cases. But with cmake
we are used to simply clean the build dir, which doesn't help here.

It is a problem that creator's .user file is stored beside
the CMakeLists.txt: you can't check it in because of absolute paths,
a clean of the repository removes it, a buggy setup
is remember by creator, and it violates the principle
"don't touch the the source". I told them, but they don't care.

Peter