I agree this is probably a cygwin specific issue. The same tests pass without
problem on my UNIX computer. Moreover, from the mailing lists, we do not see
such a behavior for other platforms.

I put a "sleep 1" command just before exit of the driver, then both at entry
and exit. Not better.

After having installed cmake 2.8.4, with no improvement, I reverted to 2.8.10.2
and simplified tests. Here are the results, with a dummy test driver written in
korne shell:

1- When the driver contained only shell built-in commands, the tests ran
correctly.
2- If the driver contained a non built-in command, such as "grep" (which runs a
sub-process), there were some errors, although less than with the real driver
(which contains more such commands).
3- If the driver ran an executable, even a trivial one which performs nothing
significant, there were also some errors.

As a conclusion, for the moment, the simplest test which reproduces the error
consists in running a sub-process from the test program.

If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
    --Arthur Kasspe