Hello,

I have installed a very recent version of Cygwin on Windows 7 (64 bits) and the version of CMake that comes with it (2.8.9-2). When I use this however to configure and build projects that work fine under Windows (various versions0, then I get either configuration problems or build problems that turn out to be caused by a strange
permission set on "configured" files.

Using one of these projects I have created an almost minimal project to demonstrate the problem. If you configure it via CMake under Windows 7, the file "gnulliver.h" has "special permissions". I have no clue what that means or how it arises, but the consequence is that a program can not open it. Not even a program running under
Administrator rights.

Oddly enough, you can change the permissions from Windows Explorer by opening the permissions dialogue and giving the user full access.

I have tried to reproduce it in an even smaller project than the one attached, that is: just a CMakeListst.txt file and gnulliver.h.in, but that worked without this problem. So it seems a combination of
steps is required to trigger this issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this? It makes it impossible to use Cygwin in combination with Windows 7 (I have not tried on other platforms, quite possibly it is specific to this combination.)

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.