On 09/29/2014 03:46 PM, Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) wrote:
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Thanks for sharing. I guess I originally wanted to ask if there is a switch
to cmake that will allow picking 64-bit by default if 64-bit version is
available.

My understanding is that (for VS2013 Express), if you run things from a
VS2013 x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt, you will get environment setup for
doing all things 64-bit and you will get "Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64" as
default generator when you run cmake from that command prompt. And if you
run from within "Developer Command Prompt for VS2013" command prompt, you
will get all the 32-bit environment setup and get "Visual Studio 12 2013" as
default generator.

Like I tried to explain this is not the case.

The command line environment doesn't have any effect on which generator CMake will pick.

When you run CMake from a plain "cmd" or a "Visual Studio 8 2005" command prompt you will still end up with the "Visual Studio 12 2013" generator by default (assuming 2013 is the newest available and known visual studio installation).

Nils