On 09/29/2014 04:02 PM, Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) wrote:
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

You are right Nils. I just tried cmake vtk projects with VS2013 x64 Cross
Tools Command Prompt  and it is not picking the "Visual Studio 12 2013
Win64" generator. But why some of them do? Actually out of 10 cmake projects
I build, 8 of them actually picked "Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64" generator
by default. Or have I just been lucky so far. I guess using the switch -G
"Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64" won't hurt.

The only thing I can think of is that you either are looking at build directories which are already configured (you can not change the generator of an existing build directory and rerunning cmake without -G will not change the generator currently in use)

or

You aren't invoking CMake yourself and whatever invokes CMake is picking the generator for you (might also be the case when you've got CMake invoking another CMake instance e.g. in context of an ExternalProject).

Nils