I think it is worth adding to what Mateusz wrote that the MSVC_RUNTIME_LIBRARY property / CMAKE_MSVC_RUNTIME_LIBRARY variable are only available if policy CMP0091 is set to NEW, which it will not be because LLVM's CMakeLists.txt only requires CMake 3.4.3 or later (and thus all policies introduced after 3.4.3 are set to OLD for compatibility). So if you do not want to edit LLVM's CMakeLists.txt, you need to use the options provided by LLVM's CMake project to control the build.

We select the CRT LLVM's libraries will use with the LLVM_USE_CRT_DEBUG and LLVM_USE_CRT_RELEASE options, i.e. to build with a static MSVC runtime we use

-DLLVM_USE_CRT_DEBUG=MTd -DLLVM_USE_CRT_RELEASE=MT

These options are not documented on the "Building LLVM with CMake" page, but can be found by looking into LLVM's cmake directory.