YAHOOO!!! YIPPEEE!!!

Number 961 in the Zero Club

Zavie

Terry Dailey

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to CMLHope

  Mar 16

I am 39, I was diagnosed in April of 04, and have been on 400mg of Gleevec ever since. It put me in remission in about a month and I have been ever since. I do suffer side effects, but my doctors tell me that as long as the gleevec is working they are not going to change a thing and I just have to deal with the side effects. The ones I have are not fun but some have far worse. Anyway, I am not sure why they seem to put you on it and then take you off of it. I am not a doctor but from my experience I would ask yours about just staying on the gleevec everyday and not stop taking it after a few months. My platletes drop occasionally but are still in the safe range. Also my docs tell me if I the gleevec stops working they will try to up the dosage or try another drug before they even consider a bone marrow transplant

Zavie Miller (age 67)

67 Shoreham Avenue

Ottawa, Canada, dxd AUG/99

INF OCT/99 to FEB/00, CHF